Lisa & Priscilla had their touching ceremony and wonderful reception at Wedgewood Fresno.
The DJ, MC, and lighting coordinator Sam Sanchez matched the touching mood of this emotional ceremony that touched my heart and reaffirmed my belief in love.
Photobooths were provided by Snap Photo Booth
Videography provided by Dwight Whittaker
Congratulations to this brave and amazing couple!
Joseph & Ileana had a beautiful wedding and a great party at The Loft right here in Fresno!
Their Dj, MC, and lighting master Danny Malcolm set a great tone and kept the party going all night!
The love story between these two is perfect for the movies!
It's always fun to focus on the details of a newborn. They grow so fast, they're like a different person from week to week. This little guy was only a few days old when he posed with his sisters for a few detail shots.
Angel & Lacy were married at The Falls Event Center in Fresno, and had a beautiful reception at the same venue. They are an awesome couple, please join me in wishing them the best life has to offer!
Fall is a great time to include as much of your surroundings as possible. The beautiful colors of the trees, and the ground covered in leaves really add some spice (unfortunately not pumpkin spice) to your family photos!
Fall is one of the most popular times for family photos, trees start to turn beautiful orange and red hues, and piles of leaves decorate the ground. It's a great time to add some interesting colors to your background, and to your wardrobe.
Here in Fresno, fall is over in a flash! The trees start to lose their leaves even before they change color, so you have to act fast if you want to take advantage of this once-a-year occurrence.
I love all the amazing couples I meet photographing weddings! These two amazing people are a great example of what love is all about.
Wedding venue - the beautiful Brecon Estate winery
Today we’re talking about something that is near and dear to my heart- hiring professionals for your wedding. One would think that hiring professionals would be a no-brainer, but this isn’t always true. Sometimes you just want to spend as little as possible, and so you resort to trying to find “alternatives” for the usual wedding services. And some of these “alternatives” usually end up involving having a friend or family member or friend of a friend or distant cousin do something instead of hiring a professional. If you ask me, not hiring professionals is a recipe for disaster! Hiring a friend would end up causing way more issues than paying for a professional would… and yes, you get what you pay for!
Don’t just take it from me though. This couple unfortunately found out the hard way when they decided to let a “budding photographer” friend take their wedding photos. The thing is though, this wasn’t a friend who had shot a few weddings and was trying to get into the industry. He just had a “nice camera” and so they asked him to capture their day. To make a long story short, this “photographer” lost the couple’s image card and now they have no wedding photos. Because he wasn’t a professional and didn’t know what he was doing. Yeah… that’s awful, isn’t it? Can you imagine?!
Here’s the thing- if it was the successful norm to have your friend who has a nice camera take your wedding photos, cater your wedding, or do your flowers, there wouldn’t be professionals doing it!
This couple hired a "professional", but didn't check to make sure the person they hired had an address or business license. The "photographer" took their money and ran! Or This Photographer who took mostly selfies and no pictures of the wedding. Stories like these often involve people pretending to be professionals, often times with stolen sample images in their portfolios. So, isn't it better to rely on a friend than to risk hiring some scam artist? No, it's easy to separate the scammers from the professionals. How? Start with a business license. Even during the first phone conversation you can ask their name and business license number, then cross-check it on the website for the county they are licensed in. If they don't have a business license, they are avoiding taxes, and that's a criminal act! If they are willing to break the law, what else are they willing to do!
I have several friends who love photography, and they all took pictures at my wedding. Some of their pictures were really good! Some of them were blurry and terrible too. I danced with my mother at my wedding, it was the last time she was well enough to dance, and she passed shortly after. All the pictures my friends took of that dance were blurry or out of focus, if there wasn't a professional there I wouldn't have any pictures of the last time my mother smiled.
In my experience having a friend do a professional’s job almost never works out… unless they ARE a professional who truly is your friend (in which case, you are one lucky gal!). So before we go any further, let’s just go over a few of the reasons for why you should hire a professional and not your friend…
1. A PROFESSIONAL IS COMMITTED TO YOU. A professional will be committed to YOU and your wedding day. They are guaranteed to show up on your wedding day, no questions asked. I’ve seen “friends” commit to photographing a wedding and then flake out 2 months – even a few weeks- before the wedding, people not show up to help on the day-of when they said they would, and even people just not caring at all. When you hire and pay a professional, they are contractually obligated to carry out the duties that you hired them to perform!
2. A PROFESSIONAL WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE. There’s nothing worse than having everyone standing around at your wedding not knowing what to do next. Hiring someone who has experience will most definitely help your stress level both before and during the wedding. A professional with experience will also have a specific way of doing things, so there won’t be too much guesswork for you while planning your wedding. The last thing you want to have to do while planning your wedding is figure out what your friend is supposed to be doing!
3. YOU WILL GET AWESOME RESULTS FROM A PROFESSIONAL. Or in other words, you get what you PAY for! Hiring a professional will ensure that you get a great result. Whether it’s photos or flowers, or food or coordinating, having someone who does weddings for a living will certainly give you the best outcome. It may not always be the most ideal option to spend money on a professional, but really and truly, paying for a service makes SUCH a huge difference! Not to mention that yes, there’s a contract involved, and as I stated before, they are obligated to provide you with those awesome results.
4. YOU WON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT STRAINING YOUR RELATIONSHIP. When working with a professional, if anything, you will build a relationship with them. Almost always, when hiring a friend the relationship gets strained in some way. Either they hold a grudge against you for making them work for free or less than normal, or you’re not happy with your results and you just can’t tell them. It’s not worth ruining a relationship with one of your friends!
5. YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO ENJOY YOUR WEDDING!! If they truly are your friend, you’ll want to have them at your wedding and enjoy it, right? And if that’s not the case, then you don’t really want to even have them at your wedding.
Don’t get me wrong- there CAN be friends that help out with your wedding who will do a great job. But in my experience, it doesn’t always work out for the best.
One of the things that I’ve discovered about weddings is that it’s pretty common for “friends” who “do weddings” to pop up when you get engaged. What a coincidence that you have a friend who photographs weddings, coordinates, AND is a DJ, right?! At the time, it seems lucky and like you have all your bases covered, but please do your best to make an informed decision when friends offer to help with your wedding.
I would love to hear from you all on this. Do you have any friends who wanted to help you with your wedding? Did you decide to go with them, or go with a professional? And any former brides out there… did you have any experiences with “friends”?
article sourced largely from theeverylastdetail.com
Many of us decorate for the holiday season. We spend hours preparing our houses for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all the other holidays that bring us through the winter months. What better way to show off your decorating abilities than with holiday photos?
My family loves our holiday photos, and we love choosing our favorite to be featured on our holiday cards!
Royce's personal photography
I love taking pictures for myself as much as my clients, this page is where I share some of them.